Compare and copy failing with error 0x6A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare and copy failing with error 0x6A

Hi I have morethan 10 jobs running in Task scheduler using Beyond compare. We are using this tool since long time. But recently we came across an issue where task failing with error 0x6A script file is used in this format:

log verbose append:"E:\BC Scripts\Logs\PM7_Track.txt"
    load "<Source location>" "<Destination location>"
    filter "<Filter>"
    sync update:left->right

Is there any limitation for filter text?

Hello,

Could you provide more context for the error screen? This error code is not internal to BC4; is it displaying in the log PM7_Track.txt and what is the full text? You can post here or privately email to support@scootersoftware.com including a link back to this forum thread.

If you reduce the number of jobs running, does it impact the error's appearance? Which version of Beyond Compare are you running (Help menu -> About)?

As a scripting tip, if you set the filter line and then the load line, the filter will apply during the load, and reduce the size of the initial load/comparison.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I am using BC3. I know the issue but dont know how to fix it. Issue is filter is too long where after certain length like 65528 chars, its taking automatic line break and it is causing the failure. When I truncate the length of the filter, it is working. Can I break the filter into multiple filters like below?

log verbose append:"E:\BC Scripts\Logs\PM7_Track.txt"
      load "<Source location>" "<Destination location>"
      filter "<Filter>"
      filter "<Filter>"
      sync update:left->right

Comment

Filename filters are limited to a maximum of 65,535 characters. There isn't a workaround for this limitation, if you issue two filename filter scripting commands in a row, the second command replaces the filter defined by the first command.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you for clarifying Chris.

Is there any way for me to avoid folders with numbers? In my case its like sometext.01, sometext.02...... sometext.149...
          If I can avoid 01..99 any way, it saves lot of text for me. I know I can avoid all by -.\sometext.* but I want to keep latest 10 like somtext.140 - sometext.149 remaining I want to exclude..

Comment

Hello,

Yes, you could use a filter:
            -sometext*\
            to exclude all folders that are sometext1, sometext2, etc.

I would recommend using the graphical interface, load your folders into the Folder Compare, and in the filter toolbar, type the syntax you want to test (without quotes) into the toolbar directly, then hit Enter.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X