14128 Skipping a file on one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14128 Skipping a file on one side

How can I get FC to skip "11 FindOutline" on the right side?

I am Picture Comparing pairs in sequences having one-side inserts/deletions that I need to skip. Align is not great because applying it at the insert/deletion is insufficient - compare realigns immediately below, so I'd have to repeat it all the way down.

Shame no '[ ] Compare names'. Even kludging by removing the inserted file from disc doesn't work. I have to builk rename files.

Thanks.
    Last edited by chrisjj; 16-Mar-2012, 09:00 PM.

Originally posted by chrisjj View Post
    How can I get FC to skip "11 FindOutline" on the right side?
    ... image elided ...
    I am Picture Comparing pairs in sequences having one-side inserts/deletions that I need to skip. Align is not great because applying it at the insert/deletion is insufficient - compare realigns immediately below, so I'd have to repeat it all the way down.

Shame no '[ ] Compare names'. Even kludging by removing the inserted file from disc doesn't work. I have to builk rename files.

Thanks.
    I'm not sure what you are describing. "11 FindOutline" appears on both sides in the above screenshot, so I'm not sure what was inserted or deleted. I can see that there is a big difference in file size, though.

Removing the inserted file from disc? Isn't that "deleting"? Why would that not work?

And what you want to stop is the automatic background comparison? Because otherwise, the files won't be compared unless you select them for comparison .... I guess I'm completely lost as to what you are trying to do.

/dps

Comment

Originally posted by snidely.too View Post
      I'm not sure what you are describing. "11 FindOutline" appears on both sides in the above screenshot, so I'm not sure what was inserted or deleted. I can see that there is a big difference in file size, though.
      "11 FindOutline" on the right is an insert in a sequence of images, renumbered sequentially. Yes, the sizes are significant and if FC would align by size, all would be fine.

Removing the inserted file from disc? Isn't that "deleting"? Why would that not work?
      Because FC goes by filename regardless.

And what you want to stop is the automatic background comparison?
      No. My only problem is with the alignment.

Comment

If you need BC3 to 'skip' a file for comparison, you would need to set a Filter to exclude it from the comparison.

If you exclude all files smaller than a certain size, this would exclude one side, but the comparison would still occur since the other side would not be excluded, and we run comparisons on any pair where at least one side is shown. It would be teal, however, which could help you visually find this occurrences.

We also do not currently have a size filter that would exclude a pair "if X size is different."

I believe the only option is to select and Ignore or Exclude the pairs as you find them.

You could set a size filter to find all of the "too small" files, then select all and set to exclude them by name.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          I believe the only option is to select and Ignore or Exclude the pairs as you find them.
          Thanks, but that does not solve the problem. It is not pairs I need to exclude, but individual files. Option to exclude on one side would do it.

You could set a size filter to find all of the "too small" files, then select all and set to exclude them by name.
          There are no "too small" files. Size indicates desired alignment, but not desired exclusion.

Comment

Hello Chris,

I see. So the Size is the aligning detail, and 11FindOutline.png on the left wants to align to 12FindOutline.png on the right (even though 11FindOutline.png also exists).

Thanks. Aligning on other criteria is on our Customer Wishlist, and I'll add this case to our notes.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I see. So the Size is the aligning detail, and 11FindOutline.png on the left wants to align to 12FindOutline.png on the right (even though 11FindOutline.png also exists).
              Indeed.

Thanks. Aligning on other criteria is on our Customer Wishlist, and I'll add this case to our notes.
              Good to hear - thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X