Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected file count

Hi,

I'm new to BC and so far I love it. I just wish I discovered it years ago.

I have one minor (but important issue).

I did a directory compare which reported that it was comparing 6,053 items. It was all ok and all files were identical using the Binary comparison to compare contents.

The thing I'm a bit confused about is this.

Outside of BC, using Windows explorer, when I right-click on the top level folders being compared, and click Properties, both folders apparently contain 6,168 files, 184 folders.

My BC compare settings are as-installed, so I'm confused as to why Explorer says there are 6,168 files, but BC only compares 6,053.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello,

The first thing to check is to enable "Suppress Filters" in BC3's toolbar or View menu. This will show any currently hidden items due to filtering. There are a variety of filters (Display, Name, Other) that could be currently set, but the most likely is the default setting to Hide Protected Operating System files. To disable this filter, go to the Folder Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Other Filters, DOS Attributes, and disable the "Exclude protected operating system files" option. This will affect only the current setting unless you change the bottom dropdown from "Use for this view only" to "Also Update session defaults" (or change the option on the Home screen, in the Edit session defaults folder in the Saved Sessions list).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X