X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

If you use the Summary report, it will show the file path from the base folder to the file, and the base folders themselves will be at the top of the report. If you use the XML report, you can parse the path using the XML nodes. The Side-by-side report does not show the full path easily; it is a graphical representation similar to the main view and parsing the full path information from it would be difficult.

None of the reports offer a full path; the Summary and XML paths must be built from multiple parts.

If you are using the graphical interface, you can select a file, right click, and use Copy filename to get the file path, but this command is not available in scripting or reporting.

Leave a comment:

• chinniah.u
    replied
    Thanks for your reply.

i just want to get the file paths from html folder report. but i don't know how to get the file paths of each folder report row.

any examples do you have about how to get the file paths?

if i get the file paths, then i will be able to tweak the html to make it as clickable row.

Regards,
    Chinniah

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Our Folder-Report does not support generating the list of files as a clickable link. If you need this behavior, you may want to generate the report as an XML text file, then parse the file and generate your own custom report. Our other report types can also display the path, but it would not be clickable or as easy to parse as an XML file.

Leave a comment:

• chinniah.u
    started a topic File Path in Folder Report

File Path in Folder Report

hi,

i am working on creating folder report in a web interface using BC scripts.
    i am able to get the report as html and able to show in web page. but i would like to get the file path of each files.

actually i am trying to create file report whenever user clicks on the each file row in the folder report. i am not able to get the filepath, since each row is considered as different <tr> and there is no relations to parent and sub folders.

i think , this is not supported in BC2. how about BC3?

or else, is there any other workaround to get this done?

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Chinniah
Working...
X