Column rearrange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Column rearrange

is there a way to do that? it would be rather useful, for ex, to be able to "mirror" columns, so that the closest to center would be Size on both sides.

Hello,

You can reposition columns by making them wider or smaller in the Folder Compare by dragging either side to the position you want. Column positions are then saved with the session, so if you open a blank, new Folder Compare and re-position them, then close the Folder Compare, the next new Folder Compare will also have the same positions. If you load a saved session, then change the positions, they will be saved with that specific session.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

no luck to make this. trying to push at column header and drag, or to drag side of column header as far as possible(like when resizing), but columns stay in same order.. need more hints, please.

by the way, why there is Modified column, but no Created for ex.? or is there a way to make own/additional columns?

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. With the default setup, there are only Name, Size, and Timestamp columns. You can't reorganize the order of columns, but can move them in-order to be more centered in the pane. Customizing column positions is on our Customer Wishlist.

We also do not have a Created column since BC3 does not support comparing (or uses) the Created timestamp.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

good to hear column positions is planned. i'll wait for it to appear in future.
          a bit strange(concerning Created time-stamp), but for the moment i anyways mostly compare by name and size, so i guess that will do. still, may i ask why you chose Modified one instead?

Comment

In many of the sync functions, we try to determine which version of a file is newer when compared between two versions. Whichever was modified last we consider the newer version. Modified Timestamp is also the default timestamp shown by Windows Explorer; Created and Last Accessed are optional columns that are hidden by default.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X