Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When comparing between folders, is it possible to have the files and folders aligned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When comparing between folders, is it possible to have the files and folders aligned?

When you compare two different folders the sub folders are displayed first and beneath them the files inside each folder. The problem is that when a folder doesn't have any subfolders but only files (let's say left side) is compared to a different folder that has subfolders and files (right side), Beyond Compare first shows the folders on the right side and you have to scroll down to find the files. In order words, the files on the left side and subfolders on the right are not aligned with each other. I would like to align them because I want to quickly to transfer specific files to specific subfolders based on name filters.

I suppose what I am asking is - is there a way to disable comparison in Beyond Compare? Or maybe there is a different program that is more suitable for what I am trying to do?

Thanks.

There are a couple methods. You could use the View menu -> Ignore Folder Structure command, which removes all subfolders, placing all the files in one 'bucket' for alignment by name only. This assumes every file has a unique name, however, as the name is still used for alignment before any comparison is completed.

If there is a specific subfolder rename (on the same subfolder level, just renamed), you can use an Alignment Override (Pro feature) to align the two subfolders. Once aligned, their items inside would then also align by equal file names.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X