• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14128 Next Difference Files issue on same folders

1 In Folder Compare, open the same folder of text files on both sides
    2 Double-click the first file pair to open Text Compare
    3 Do "Next Difference Files" e.g. CTRL+M

Expected: Next file pair in Text Compare
    Observed: BC closes the Text Compare tab.

Note: Yes, same folders is deliberate - I am using Text Compare as a text reader, and expecting to be able to browse up and down the folder as I can with different folders.

Note: this is distinct from previous issues I have reported with this command.

Why would you expect it to open the next pair of files? If it's the same base folders on both sides then none of the items in the folder compare will be different, and when it reaches the last difference "Next Difference Files" closes the file viewer. That's as designed and isn't going to change.

We are considering a single-sided mode for both the file compare and folder compare, which would mimic Explorer and a text editor, and in that case there will probably be a "Next File" command that does what you're looking for. Until that's implemented you'll need to the base folder on only one side so everything is an orphan.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Ah. Sorry, I thought Next Difference Files would go to the next pair and show them with any differences. Thanks for the correction.

We are considering a single-sided mode for both the file compare and folder compare, which would mimic Explorer and a text editor, and in that case there will probably be a "Next File" command that does what you're looking for.
      That would be great. I am already using FC instead of Explorer where I need e.g. file filters.

Until that's implemented you'll need to the base folder on only one side so everything is an orphan.
      Indeed.

Comment

Working...
      X