expand all
    select all.diff.files orphan.files
    compare rules-based
    folder-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:display-mismatches &
    output-to:C:\bc.html &
    output-options:html-color

I have several questions:
    1. when i type ignore-unimportant in options part i got error - why?
    2. the report is showing files even if they have unimportant differences - how to change that?
    3. how can i get a report for folders that will show differences for every file?

Could you please advise?

Hello,

1. Depending on where you place ignore-unimportant, you will get an error. Whitespace, text order and linebreaks are very important for script. The Folder-report (documented in the Help file -> Scripting Reference) does not support an ignore-unimportant command.

2. Show files that contain only unimportant? You can load the graphical interface, and enable the Ignore Unimportant toggle in the toolbar of a blank, new Folder Compare session. This setting will then also be used the next time you load a blank, new Folder Compare or in script.

3. You wish to show the different text within the file? You can use the text-report command instead of folder-report. Normally this requires a selection, but you are already performing that (the selection is NOT necessary for a folder-report).

Also, please delete the load BCSettings.bcpkg line, and one of the criteria lines. They are not performing the actions you expect. You will also want to pick "criteria binary" or "criteria rules-based" as your primary criteria for comparison. This should speed up your script considerably; your previous script was running the comparison multiple times.

criteria binary
    load "%1" "%2"
    expand all
    select all.diff.files orphan.files
    text-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches &
    output-to:C:\bc.html &
    output-options:html-color
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X