BC is creating zero byte undeleteable files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC is creating zero byte undeleteable files

Having a problem I cant figure out. Sometimes when I compare a folder from a network paths files in the new root folder copy over as zero byte. I then cannot delete those files. I can use windows to copy the files overtop of the zero byte ones which work fine and creates the normal size files. If then compare the two BC lists then on separate rows as if they are non matching files.

Its bit me a few times now and am nervous about using it.
    thanks.

I reported a similar issue back near the beginning of the year... root folders on a Microsoft DFS (Distributed File System) looked like zero-byte files in BC3. I've never seen the issue in any other environment...and it certainly doesn't dissuade me from using BC3...I just don't use it with root folders on DFS file systems.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Hi Michael,

Was that an email or forum post from earlier? I'm searching through our records to try and join these two issues, but I'm having trouble digging up the report you mention.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

There were several e-mails.
        Subject: Subfolders represented as zero-byte files???
        Sent: Wed 2011-02-23

...and included a screencasts that I didn't want to post on the public forums
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Found it. Thanks.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

FYI - One of the more recent BC3 updates seems to have fixed the "subfolders represented as zero-byte files" issue so long as the "Follow symbolic links" option is on in the Session Settings Handling tab. No more issues with Microsoft DFS. Thanks again for a great product!
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...
            X