compare timestamp, size, but NOT filename

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compare timestamp, size, but NOT filename

Is there a way to compare attributes without using the filename? I have a bunch of photos that have been renamed and would like to figure out which ones are duplicates.

Hello,

Unfortunately, BC3 does not support duplicate file finding. The Folder Compare will align by folder structure and file name first, and then run a comparison. You can Ignore Folder Structure and then show and sort by the CRC column, but this is not an easy method for finding duplicate files.

There are other products available specifically for "duplicate file finding" or a "duplicate file finder". I would suggest searching with Google or Download.com to see if you can find a trial or review.

Adding duplicate file finding is something on our Customer Wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      There are other products available specifically for "duplicate file finding" or a "duplicate file finder". I would suggest searching with Google or Download.com to see if you can find a trial or review.

Adding duplicate file finding is something on our Customer Wishlist.
      So many years gone by since BC started and this obvious seeming feature (= touch filenames) still isn't implemented.

Upsets me every time I use BC.

Comment

you are right

Comment

Working...
        X