File not found in archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File not found in archive

When doing a folder compare of a .zip-file containing files using specific characters I get the error "File not found in archive" error for these files.

Steps to repeat:
    * Create a file named tšst.txt
    * Add tšst.txt to a zip file
    * Open a folder compare for the zip file and some folder
    * Open tšst.txt from the zip file

Behavior:
    * Error message "File not found in archive"

Expected behavior:
    * The file tšst.txt is shown

There are similar problems when performing "Compare Contents..." operation.

A possibly related problem occurs if you try to delete tšst.txt from the archive. Beyond Compare reports that the delete was successful, but in fact it is not which can be seen e.g. if the folder compare is refreshed.

I found an old post with similar symptoms that was supposedly fixed:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ead.php?t=4789

Used software:
    Beyond Compare 3.3.1 (build 13971)
    Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 (64-bit version)

This was introduced in 3.3. We have a fix in testing and there should be a new release out early next week. For now just downgrade to 3.2.4.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Is this still a problem with 3.3.2.14050? I am seeing the same error message "File not found in archive" when using BC3 to create a new zip file for archival/comparison purposes.

Comment

Yes, the fix went out in 3.3.2 and I just re-verified that it's working. What are the steps for what you're seeing?
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Basically, I previously created a zip file using WinZip for a project I was working on, kind of a 'snapshot' before I attempt refactoring.

After refactoring and testing, I fired up BC3 to compare the zip file with the directory to view the differences. After I was satisfied with the changes, I deleted the zip file, but saved the session for later use.

Today, I opened that session (without an existing zip file) and was prompted about the directory not existing (referencing the zip file) and I chose to create it.

I copied the files from the source directory to the zip file. Some of the files generated the error message "File not found in archive", and the resulting zip file had errors for those files which generated the error message.

The command line 'unzip.exe' from InfoZip reported "mismatching "local" filename", while 7-zip reported "unsupported compression method for ...".

This may be somewhat different from the original post, as I am using BC3 to create the zip file, but the error generated is similar.

Comment

Hello,

Is this reproducible when copying in specific files into the BC3 directory/zip? If so, would it be possible to get one of those files sent to support@scootersoftware.com ?

Are you able to zip the same files using another program (such as 7zip) to .zip, and open them in 7zip and BC3?
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X