Trying to create game Patch ... Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to create game Patch ... Please help

I am Trying to create game Patch ... the game regularly has updates and it's very big with so many files and folders,so what i am trying to do is to patch the changes with this software.

If i have the previous and latest game folders and they have 1000's of files in,will this software be able to create a patch of the modified files only,then copy them on my HDD somewhere and create the same folders tree like in the original last version of the game ?

If yes,could someone please explain the steps of doing this ... ?

Tnx in advance

Hello,

Do you need to just copy the Whole file of the Newer version? If so,

1) Load a Folder Compare session with both Game folders loaded.
    2) Set the Display Filter to Show Differences.
    3) If needed, change the criteria from timestamp/size to include a binary scan. (Session Settings: Comparison tab.)
    4) Edit menu -> Expand All to view all different files in all folders
    5) Edit menu -> Select All Files
    6) Shift+Arrow keys to select only the side you want to copy: Newer version's side?
    7) Use the Copy To Folder command to copy the selected files. The Copy to Folder command has different Folder options: Keep Base folder structure or Keep relative folder structure. Use the '?' button next to the 'X' Close button for context sensitive Help with more details.
    7b) The Copy To Folder dialog can create a zip if you type in a Name.zip at the end instead of pointing to a folder. BC3 will create the .zip file
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

hi again

i need to copy only the updated files and make the same folders as the original.

like this i will make a patch and then the players can just apply the patch over the old game.

Should i do what you say in previous post ?

Comment

The above method will select and copy files in a relative folder structure to a new location. Were there any empty folders you would need to find and copy as well?

You can test this with our fully functional trial if you haven't had a chance yet. It's available for download here:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          The above method will select and copy files in a relative folder structure to a new location. Were there any empty folders you would need to find and copy as well?

You can test this with our fully functional trial if you haven't had a chance yet. It's available for download here:
          http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php
          yes i think it works i made the patch ))

if all is ok i will buy this software

Comment

Working...
          X