Empty Folders not mirrored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty Folders not mirrored?

I'm running a folder compare session, automated from the command line.
    The job runs perfectly, and seems to do exactly what I want, a complete mirror from one drive to another.
    EXCEPT, for some reason, sub-folders the contain no files on the source, are not being copied?
    I guess it's just another parameter I need to add in the job/script config file?

Thanks in advance, Alan

Hello,

If you are running script, you need to add the create-empty parameter to the sync line, for example:
    sync create-empty update:left->right

This is documented in the Help under the Scripting Reference section. Additional details can be found in the Using Beyond Compare -> Automating with Script section.

How does this work for you? Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I did find that parameter after my post, but I was hoping for a reply anyway to confirm it was what I needed! I'm concerned though, with this parameter in place, my 40minute job, is suddenly taking much, MUCH longer. I ran this hours ago, and it is still not complete, nor has it written anything in my log file yet. Has it hung perhaps? I will know tomorrow morning anyway, it runs over night. Will post my findings... Thanks, Alan

Comment

Hello,

The log command should write any log information directly into the log file immediately. If there is no info at all in there, it is likely the script is hung. Are you using the verbose parameter to get the most detail in the log?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Well it worked over night, so I suspect because I'm running it silently, that beyond compare must of hung without me noticing! I rebooted my machine before I left last night, obviously did the trick. Thanks, Alan

Comment

Working...
          X