BC3 randomly misses folders when comparing with those on optical media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC3 randomly misses folders when comparing with those on optical media

After burning files to a disk, I compare them to the original source that they were compared from.

Occasionally, I see blue folders on the original source side of the folder comparison, suggesting that these weren't burnt to disc.

However, when select just the parent folder of the missing files and do a refresh selection, the files then appear, showing that the disc backup is identical to the original.
    Last edited by arjaydavis; 27-Jul-2011, 05:47 PM. Reason: correction - the missing files on the original source absent from optical media

Hello Arjay,

The parent folder that is selected is still a subfolder of the loaded base folders? Does performing a Full Refresh or Quick Refresh on the entire disc also show the missing content? Does the content show up in My Computer/Windows Explorer?

A screenshot may also help.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello Arjay,

The parent folder that is selected is still a subfolder of the loaded base folders?
      Yes, if I understand what you mean...

To attempt to clarify. The subfolders and files on the original source side (e.g. left panel) show up as blue because they are absent the right hand side at the same position in the folder tree.

Does performing a Full Refresh or Quick Refresh on the entire disc also show the missing content?
      I'm not completely sure but I think so. What I am certain about is that on optical drive side, selecting just the parent folder (which is empty, missing the files it should contain, as seen in the original source side at the same position), if I select this folder and right click to refresh selection, the missing files appear in the optical section - they were always there.

Does the content show up in My Computer/Windows Explorer?
      Yes definitely.

A screenshot may also help.
      I will try, if I see it next time, hard to reproduce 100% but I've seen it 3 or 4 times. Tends to happen with nested folders and files. It's almost as if BeyondCompare 'gives up' on seeking some files to compare.

Comment

Working...
      X