Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment Override

Hi,

I've read a number of threads on using alignment override. However, I cannot get it to work.

Here's what I have:
    Left side:
    CL_FulProfitAndLossReport_AcctIRS_Q_20110331_20591 0.txt

Right side:
    CL_FulProfitAndLossReport_AcctCCY_Q_20110331_20582 7.txt

AlignmentOverride:
    Left Folder:
    (.*?)[0-9].*\.txt (captures "CL_FulProfitAndLossReport_AcctIRS_Q_")

Right Folder:
    $1.* (should match CL_FulProfitAndLossReport_AcctIRS_Q_*; so should match AFAIK)

What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

Our current implementation of the Alignment Overrides only supports regular expressions on the origin (Left) side. On the matching side, you can match using $1, but it the difference must be explicitly defined:
    (.*)_\d*_\d*\s\d\.txt
    $1_20110331_20582 7.txt
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

On the matching side (Right side), can you use wildcards or anything else? Or is it just groupings and explicit text?

Edit:

All the files I'm trying to match have a name of <filename>_date_timestamp. I'm comparing between different environments, and the times will never match up as the server speeds are quite different. Is there any way I can compare the files? Manually I can, but it's so tedious and time consuming.
      Last edited by markVI; 06-Apr-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have a method of aligning file names with timestamp variables. Our alignment currently works on Folder Structure and File Name, or just File Name. The only tool we currently support for aligning files of different names is the Alignment Override.

I've added this to a note we have on our Customer Wishlist for aligning file names with timestamps (or other variable text). Our Customer Wishlist is not currently scheduled development, but a place our developers go to for ideas for future features or enhancements.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X