Enhancement request: Partial Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhancement request: Partial Refresh

When I'm working in a huge folder structure, and I know that I've modified files in a particular subfolder, it would be nice if I could right-click on the subfolder and choose "Refresh" from the context menu to tell BC3 to refresh just the contents of that subfolder without refreshing the rest of my loaded folder tree.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Hello,

Would the "Refresh Selection" command in the right click menu work for you if you selected the subfolder?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I've never tried "Refresh Selection", but that sounds like a logical item to put in the context menu since a right click does, indeed, select the folder.

P.S. I've never seen "Refresh Selection" in the drop-down menus before. It's easy to overlook when it has no icon and sits in an unexpected location. Why would "Refresh Selection" be in the Actions menu when "Refresh" and "Full Refresh" are both in the "Edit" menu? That makes no sense at all...especially considering the fact that the Selection commands themselves are in the Edit menu. Group all the Refresh buttons together please. And yes, adding Refresh Selection to the context menu of a selection would be stellar!
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

The Actions menu lists all commands that act on the selection. This is why it includes Refresh Selection. Further, the context menu corresponds directly to the Actions menu. Both menus have listed Refresh Selection since it was introduced.
        Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you. Could you put a refresh icon on it to make it more visible, please?
          Really, I had no idea it was there. When I want to do a refresh, I look for the circular arrow icon.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Hello,

I'll add it to the Customer Wishlist. I believe this request has come up before.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X