Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make "Expand all" in Folder View default?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make "Expand all" in Folder View default?

Whenever I start a Folder compare the folders appear in "Show all" mode collapsed. I always have to click "expand all" icon in toolbar.

How can I automatically expand them by default (at startup)?

Peter

For all new Folder Compare sessions you can enable this behaviour on the Home tab:

Saved sessions/Edit session defaults/Folder Compare/Handling-tab/Folder handling-group/Expand subfolders when loading session-checkbox

From an existing session you also can enable this by selecting "Also update session defaults" at the bottom of Session settings/Handling-tab.

Greetings Lutz

Comment

Ok, thank you.
      I checked additionally "Only expand subfolders with differences".
      So when I compare on the left side the folder D:\work\data\
      then still the sub-base-folders

D:\work\data\log2007\
      D:\work\data\log2008\
      D:\work\data\log2009\
      D:\work\data\log2010\

are shown although they did not contain any differences.
      How can I hide these 4 sub-base-folders as well when no differences are shown?

Peter

Comment

Select "View > Only Compare Files" from the menu and select "View > Show Differences".
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Lutz View Post
          For all new Folder Compare sessions you can enable this behaviour on the Home tab:

Saved sessions/Edit session defaults/Folder Compare/Handling-tab/Folder handling-group/Expand subfolders when loading session-checkbox

From an existing session you also can enable this by selecting "Also update session defaults" at the bottom of Session settings/Handling-tab.

Greetings Lutz
          This is a little old and confusing. As of 8/23/2016 on the Mac, here is how you do it:
          • Click the Home tab/button on the top left
          • Click the triangle next to "New" in the sessions list to expand the tree
          • Click "Folder Compare" under "New"
          • Click the "Handling" tab at the top center of the screen
          • Under "Folder Handling:" choose "Expand subfolders when loading sessions"

Comment

True, although this forum post is for BC3 back in 2011, when these steps were accurate.

BC3 is not available for Mac, but BC4 is our most recent version, PC/Linux/OSX supported, and the instructions are updated as you've described.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X