X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

13046 FTP "Transfer aborted. Insufficient memory or file locked" errors

I'm getting server "Transfer aborted. Insufficient memory or file locked" errors upon FTP to HD using BC but not e.g. Windows Explorer. See attached.

Re "Insufficient memory", there is >5Gb free on the pagefile HD.
    Re "file locked", AV scan is disabled and Process Explorer shows no handle on these files. To my knowledge, the server is not using these files and the error persists on a new server copy of the files.

Note: Each time I repeat this operation different apparently random non-empty sub-set of the files fails. Copy HD to FTP does not fail.

FTP Profile settings are installation default TMK.

Win XP, ProFTPD 1.3.3c Server (ProFTPD Default Installation).

Any ideas?
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Those errors are coming from the FTP server, not us. The lines immediately before the red error lines are server replies.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

Sure, but only BC causes them, note.

Trying some different BC FTP settings...

Later, Workaround: reduce the number of simultaneous connections from 10 to 1.

BTW, this FTP Profile change initially failed to take effect. How can one one make it do so, short of closing and reopening the session?
      Last edited by chrisjj; 02-Feb-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• chrisjj
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Apr 2008

> Later, Workaround: reduce the number of simultaneous connections from 10 to 1.

Later: or just try again another day. Perhaps this is sensitive to server load.

Comment

Working...