Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful but stuttering DVD comparison with original files on hard disk using BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful but stuttering DVD comparison with original files on hard disk using BC

I use imgburn to backup files to DVD, I use its verify but I also like to use Beyond Compare 3 binary compare of all the files, against the original files on my hard disk, before I delete them off the disk.

The comparison works fine but I can hear my DVD drive head stuttering, presumably as it seeks to the next file to compare.

It's not a major issue, but wondered why it happens.

Imgburn might be verifying the entire disc image. A binary compare in Beyond Compare 3 compares file by file, so that might explain the difference in the read pattern.

The only setting you can change in BC for this is the "Bypass disk cache during binary comparisons" check box in the Handling tab of "Session > Session Settings".
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll experiment. Initial findings so far show that the comparison slows down with that check box ticked. I'll experiment some more.

Comment

Working...
      X