X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moymike
    Visitor
    • Mar 2010

Alignment Overrides

I have a movie folder that is full of MPG and JPG files. It's set up kind of like this:

\movies
    \movies\kids
    \movies\scifi
    \movies\seen

Each movie has a JPG with the same file name, which is picked up by my media player.

Here is my question: I was trying to get BC3 to show me if I have a matching JPG for each MPG, but it appears the only way to do it is setting two alignment overrides. (JPG=MPG and MPG=JPG) Is there any way to filter out MPG on one side and JPG on the other?
  • moymike
    Visitor
    • Mar 2010

Okay, scratch that. Setting up alignment overrides to work both ways does not really work. The folder structure looks a bit like this:

movie1(R).jpg
    movie1(R).mpg
    movie2(PG13).jpg
    movie2(PG13).jpg
    etc...

If all the movies were in one folder, I could simply move all the jpg's to a new folder and compare the two folders using the alignment override. My thought was to set the override mpg(left)=jpg(right) and then set a filter as -*.jpg(left); -*.mpg(right). Filters are not set per side though.

Setting a double alignment override and comparing the folder to itself almost works. It brings up all the "=" items just fine. The missing ones or mismatch named ones usually do not show, regardless of "Full Refresh".

There does not seem to be a way to do this compare with BC3.

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

If it's just a comparison, and you don't need to interact with the files too much, you can do this with snapshots. Set the file filters to *.jpg then use Tools->Save Snapshot to save a snapshot of the directory, with "Include excluded by file filters" unchecked. Then change the filters to *.mpg, save a second snapshot, then compare then two snapshots and use a single *.jpg=*.mpg alignment override.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...