Feature Request: Drag-n-Drop from beyond compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Drag-n-Drop from beyond compare

It be awfully handy to be able to drag-n-drop files from Beyond Compare..
    I'd like to be able to drag-n-drop selected files from BC3 to another application.
    I'm aware of the right-click/Explorer context menu... but a "send-to" or "open with" wont work in my case...

BC3 does the job of finding the files I need to work with... I must then select those files in Explorer..

And of course Window-explorer like copying/moving via drag-n-drop would bee handy as well..

Thanks for the suggestion. This is on our Customer Wishlist.

We also have the Copy To Folder or Move to Folder commands for copying a selection to a specific selection without the need of Windows Explorer's context menu.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion. This is on our Customer Wishlist.
      Team Scooter: In the mean time, an easily implemented work-around would be to add a "Locate in Explorer" context menu item to make it easier for a user to locate a found file or folder in Windows explorer.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Michael,

Does an Open With call to:
        explorer /select,"%f"

meet your needs?

Here is a link to the original Open With kb article for more detailed instructions.
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...kb_openwithapp
        Instead of Associated App, make it Open With Explorer. Allow it to work on files or folders.
        Last edited by Aaron; 05-Mar-2010, 09:39 AM. Reason: added KB info. edited again to get the link in there.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, Aaron... that does accomplish what I was suggesting.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761
          ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Working...
          X