Binary Folder Synchro vs. Binary Folder Compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binary Folder Synchro vs. Binary Folder Compare

I have two files with same date and time but different content.
    If I compare them with "Folder Synchro" and "Binary Compare" switched on, no differences are detected.

If I compare them with "Folder Compare" and same "Binary Compare" settings, the differences are detected.

Screenshots of this behavior (german beyond compare version):
    http://img704.imageshack.us/g/73492346.jpg/

I wonder if it's me, a bug or a feature?

Greetings
    Jens

BC3 Version 3.1.10, Build 11626

Hi Jens,

The display filtering in the folder sync is based on the type of sync you're doing. It only shows files that will be modified by the sync, and since the timestamps are the same it doesn't know which way to sync so it doesn't show them. We are going to change that in 3.2 so conflicts like this will be visible and can be manually adjusted to go one way or the other.

For now you can use the Peek button on the left side of the treeview to see them, or change the sync operation for "If files are different" to either "Copy to left" or "Copy to right" instead of "Leave alone".
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Solved for now

Originally posted by Craig View Post
      For now you can use the Peek button on the left side of the treeview to see them, or change the sync operation for "If files are different" to either "Copy to left" or "Copy to right" instead of "Leave alone".
      Thank you for the quick answer, the peek button is a workaround for now.

"Copy to right" is not really an option, because it will delete files on the right side, what "update right" doesn't.

Kind regards,
      Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
        Hi Jens,
        ...or change the sync operation for "If files are different" to either "Copy to left" or "Copy to right" instead of "Leave alone".
        Yes, thanks! I misunderstood you first, but now i found the option and this works fine, just what I wanted.

So for me it's solved, since I can save this option for my compare.

I appreciate if you change the default view in V3.2 so conflicts are shown.

Kind regards,
        Jens

Comment

Working...
        X