X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Manual Align is Broken

When working in a flattened view, manual-align doesn't work any more.
    I'm pretty sure this used to work. I'm not sure when it broke.

http://screencast.com/t/hnXXXyPvI
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • DorothyFan1
    Expert
    • May 2008

If the development team confirms this...(I haven't done this yet) but if they confirm this...this one has to be fixed ASAP. Manual aligning is a very important option to be able to use.

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hi Michael,

This is a limitation of manual align in BC3, not a bug. Manual align can only align files that are in the same subfolder relative to the base folders. This is true when folders aren't flattened, it is also true when folders are flattened.

In your screen cast, the file on the left is in the root of the base folder. On the right it is in a subfolder of the base folder. Because they are in different folders the current version of BC3 can't manually align them. If the files had different names but were in the same subfolder manual align would work.

Support for manually aligning files that are in different folders is on our wish list for a future release of BC.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the explanation. I guess "Ignore Folder Structure" doesn't really ignore folder structure in this case. A good thing to keep in mind...
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Chris
          Manual align can only align files that are in the same subfolder relative to the base folders. This is true when folders aren't flattened, it is also true when folders are flattened.
          I would think that enabling manual align for files not in the same relative path when folders are flattened shouldn't be an unreasonable request considering the fact that BC3 already auto-aligned the file with a file not in the same relative path.

So long as the alignment does not require a re-ordering of the files on one side or the other, it should be supported... in my opinion.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestion, Michael. Improving this behavior (and including the ability to align in different levels) is on our Wishlist.

Update: I just appended your notes to our wishlist entry. The original entry was also suggested by you.
            Last edited by Aaron; 05-Nov-2009, 03:13 PM. Reason: Updated
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...