Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare some but not all

I'm using version 3.1.6.

This is what I need to do. In the Left window I selected a folder that contains ten other folders. But I only want to compare four of those ten folders to a folder on the Right side that contains the four folders that I want to compare. How can I do this?

Hello,

Files align by Folder structure and file name. You can set manual alignments by selecting and aligning folders that in the same level but have different names, you can use Alignment Overrides to use logical Regular Expressions to align files, or you can simply open a new tab by selecting two new base folders and comparing them in a new tab.

Do your folders have the same names and are aligned already? You can filter out folders you do not want by right-clicking them and selecting Exclude. Or manually filter them out by going to the Session menu -> Session Settings, Name Filters tab. Here you can define to Exclude specific folders based on name.

If you are still having trouble, please post or email a screenshot of your folder structure to support@scootersoftware.com
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Hello,

Files align by Folder structure and file name. You can set manual alignments by selecting and aligning folders that in the same level but have different names, you can use Alignment Overrides to use logical Regular Expressions to align files, or you can simply open a new tab by selecting two new base folders and comparing them in a new tab.

Do your folders have the same names and are aligned already? You can filter out folders you do not want by right-clicking them and selecting Exclude. Or manually filter them out by going to the Session menu -> Session Settings, Name Filters tab. Here you can define to Exclude specific folders based on name.

If you are still having trouble, please post or email a screenshot of your folder structure to support@scootersoftware.com
      I don't understand paragraph one. Can you point me to an example?

Do your folders have the same names and are aligned already? Is this what you are talking about in the screen shot.

You can filter out folders you do not want by right-clicking them and selecting Exclude. Do I right-click them one at a time or do I hold down the Ctrl key while I right-click them?

Most of these folders on the on the Left contain other folders in them as well as files. Is this how I would also Sync these folders?

Comment

Paragraph 1:
        If you wanted to align files under Burn with Burn1, Burn1 would need to be renamed Burn, or set up with an Alignment Override. The files inside Burn/ must also have the same names in order to align and appear side-by-side correctly.

You can highlight all of the folders you want to exclude with ctrl+clicking. But now that I see a screenshot, it looks like it would be easier to Include specific folders.

Go to the Session menu -> Session Settings, Name filters tab. Type in your folder names (one per line) in the Include Folders box:
        2006_Elk
        All Image Files_Lacie
        Burn
        Org_JPGs

This should hide all of your other folders (like Beartooth_2006) from view. After it is setup, be sure to Save the session under the Session menu. That way you can reload the session and filters and other settings easily next time you want to backup/compare.

Let us know if you have any questions.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X