User defined flags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User defined flags

I have a situation where I am maintaining two similar apps. Most files need to be identical, but certain ones need to be different. I cannot add these to the exclude list because I want to check the differences sometimes.

It would be really slick if one could have a user defined flag in the listings so I could mark these. if the listings were sorted by this flag it would be even slicker.

Dennis,

Thanks for the suggestion. In the current version, you can try using two sessions with different filename filters. Use one set of filters to only show the files that need to be the same and another set of filters to only show the files that need to be different.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Along with Chris' suggestion: is the filter you wish to sometimes apply a File Name filter? If so, you can create custom presets under the Tools menu -> Options: Folder Views, "Filter Presents".

The Filter Presets are available in as a dropdown in the text box that displays your current active filter. You can then hop between two presets.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis McGrath View Post
        I have a situation where I am maintaining two similar apps. Most files need to be identical, but certain ones need to be different. I cannot add these to the exclude list because I want to check the differences sometimes.
        Just an idea:
        You have differences, but they are not important for you - so why don't you create a rule?

Take an existing File Format, copy it and put in the the masc the names of your files (Without test, but I think it will work: Don't use something like *.cfg, but use the filename directly: "local.cfg;user.cfg").
        Then follow the description in http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...mportantv3.php and make your settings.

Afterword you must use the Rules-based Comparison and you can decide, if you want to see the unimportant differences or not.

Best regards
        Knut

Comment

Working...
        X