10554 FTP 'Detect' failure on Mac OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10554 FTP 'Detect' failure on Mac OSX

Copying a file with international character e.g. ť in the name from HD to "Mac OS X Server 10.3.9 003 - +GSSAPI" FTP fails using FTP Profile setting Encoding 'Detect' (the default). e.g.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1882/53986688.gif

2009-07-27 23:49:45 Unable to copy S:\TLIB\00743214129821\Carlos Di Sarli canta Roberto Rufino ~ Sus primeros √©xitos Vol. 1 [00743214129821].htm: Carlos Di Sarli canta Roberto Rufino ~ Sus primeros ťxitos Vol. 1 [00743214129821].htm: Invalid argument.
    The workaround suggested by Craig - set Encoding UTF-8 - is successful.

It would be nice for this failure to be fixed.

If I can figure out how to make the autodetection work I will.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Can somebody help me build a website from scratch using mac os x? Hello. I have a homework due in 4 days and my book's direction is for microsoft windows. I have mac os x and I need somebody to help me build a website from scratch. I know it's from a text editor. I already located it but I dunno what to do next. Can somebody tell me step by step please. I don't want to drop my class, I will loose my financial aid. Thank you.

Comment

Hello Loretha,

This is the support forum for Beyond Compare, a software program used to compare folders and files. It is not the appropriate forum for asking for help for a authoring a webpage. Our software is not even currently available for Mac (**Unsupported**: the Windows version can be run with emulation, such as CrossOver).

If you need help for your class, I recommend talking with your Professor or Teaching Assisstant. They will be able to provide you with the help you need. If not, they should be able to point you to another resource that can help you.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X