• Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

Align suggestions

It would be nice to have additional Align With... commands:

1) 'Align filename with...' which does not 'Limit to this folder:'
    2) 'Align type with...' which does not limit to these files e.g. creates *.wma=*.mp3.

Also nice would be a command to go direct to the Session Settings' Alignment override for the current selection.

Also Help's

Align With
    Allows you to select one item, and then click on a second item to force
    them to be side-by-side.

would I suggest be better as

Align With
    Allows you to click on an item on the opposite side to force it to be
    side-by-side with the current item.
    Last edited by chrisjj; 13-Jul-2009, 05:44 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestions, Chrisjj. We don't have the more general rules on the right-click menu because it is already pretty long. You can quickly customize or create new Align With rules under the Session Settings: Misc tab: Alignment Overrides. Then save the session to use them again later.

The new selection idea is interesting, but does not work with our current selection method. If you select a file/folder on the left, then right-click on a file/folder on the right, the selection moves (if I've understood your selection suggestion). Instead, Ctrl+Left-Click on the opposite side; this selects both. then right-click and select the new Align option that replaces Align With when you have a valid pair selected.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

> We don't have the more general rules on the right-click menu because it is
      > already pretty long.

OK.

> You can quickly customize or create new Align With rules under the
      > Session Settings: Misc tab: Alignment Overrides.

Not quick enough for me. For one thing I should not have to type the extensions that are already available to BC.

Suggestion to make it a little quicker: preserve the tab selection.

> The new selection idea is interesting, but does not work with our current
      > selection method.

OK, fair enough.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello Chirsjj,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'preserve the tab selection'. If there is a specific set of files that matches your criteria, you could add that as a specific Alignment Override, then go in an Edit it to meet the more general needs. This should preserve which side which extension was on, etc.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'preserve the tab selection'.

Sorry to be unclear. I mean preserve from one use of the dialog to the next the selection of tab from the set of six. Saving me five arrow presses each time I want 'Misc'.

Also welcome would be accelerator keys on these and indeed all tabs.

Comment

Working...