X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

Comparing for changes in a folder

What's the best way to set up BC3 to compare for changes in a folder from one time point to the next, rather then differences between folders? Currently I keep a snapshot on the left side, and the current folder in the right side, but when I want a refresh, I have to snapshot right and reload into left. I'm hoping there's a quicker way e.g. one key press! Thanks.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello chrisjj,

Taking a new snapshot and then dragging it into the left pane would be the quickest way to do this workflow.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

Thanks, but thankfully drag snapshot into the left side is unnecessary. Having saved it under the same name, F5 is sufficient to reload.

Comment

• chrisjj
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Apr 2008

> ... F5 is sufficient to reload.

Well, I find this is true if the snapshot is on the left, but not when it is on the right!

Workaround: as Aaron suggested, drag the snapshot .bcss file from Explorer to right.

SS, can you reproduce this?

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello chrisjj,

I just tested this quick, but it did not reproduce for me.

I did, however, miss renaming the snapshot the first time (so it was accidentally a new name) and the refresh didn't pick it up. Is it possible you accidentally had the same thing happen to you?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
            Carpal Tunnel
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
            I did, however, miss renaming the snapshot the first time (so it was accidentally a new name) and the refresh didn't pick it up. Is it possible you accidentally had the same thing happen to you?
            Thanks but no. I'll watch carefully upon the next instance. Thanks.

Comment

Working...