X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

B452 "Refresh"/"Fast Refresh"

The UI and Help variously refer to a single command under these two names. One name would be clearer I think.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Folder Compare's Refresh and Fast Refresh are different commands. Could you give an example of text you found in the UI/Help, and what is unclear about it?

Just for anyone else reading, here is the quick rundown of the difference between the two:
    Fast Refresh updates evertyhing in place. Comparisons are left alone, folders stay open, etc.
    To Completely clear and reload the comparison, use Full Refresh (ctrl+f5)
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

> Folder Compare's Refresh and Fast Refresh are different commands.

Well then I'm baffled, since the second appears as such nowhere on the menus AFAICS or on the Customise Commands list. Where can I find it?

> Just for anyone else reading, here is the quick rundown of the difference
      > between the two:
      > Fast Refresh ... Full Refresh

Um, those are not the two command names we're talking about.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Sorry. I was referring to Refresh and Full Refresh. With your comments, I'm guessing the intial post is referring to references to a 'fast refresh' reference (in the log, and the initial Tip dialog box).

Now that is a bit clearer. Thanks. A "fast" refresh is the action that is taken when a normal refresh is used. The Full Refresh command performs a complete, full refresh/recomparison.

The 'fast' is simply referring to the normal, standard refresh. There isn't a secret command we've hidden away

This naming convention was in BC2 as well. We'll be editing our help file/documentation to hopfully make it clearer. We want to imply that (fast) Refresh is the more common action in most cases, which is why we picked the general name.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

> The 'fast' is simply referring to the normal, standard refresh. There isn't a
          > secret command we've hidden away

Well sure - as per my report.

> We'll be editing our help file/documentation to hopfully make it clearer.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...