• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogi
    Journeyman
    • Aug 2008

Snapshots an Unicode

Hi,

as no one replied to my original request I gave the error on snapshots a new try.

Still I can't open some snapshots I created just before. As I thought some of the folder-contents could be the cause. I stripped down my test-folder ... until nothing left over.

I didn't know the BC is storing the original name and path of the source folder. But as I looked into the snapshot file (hex-viewer) of my empty folder, I saw it placed in the file.

And yes, one folder in the path contained a german umlaut in the name. After I renamed that folder, I got openable snapshots

Jogi
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Jogi,

Thanks for reminding me about this. It will be fixed in the next release.

The snapshots store the original path so you can double click them in Explorer and BC will automatically open a comparison between the snapshot and the original location.

Edit: To clarify, the snapshots you're currently generating are valid; BC3 just has a bug where it isn't reading it properly.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• jogi
      Journeyman
      • Aug 2008

Craig,

thanks for your reply.

Originally posted by Craig
      To clarify, the snapshots you're currently generating are valid; BC3 just has a bug where it isn't reading it properly.
      That is what I thought. If I were in need to use these snapshots I would have tried to edit this entry ...

Jogi

Comment

Working...