• Show
Clear All
  • ccmancio
    Old Hand
    • May 2005

"Copy to Side" or "Move to Side" buttons

Hi, I continuos testing BC3

I seek in forum but not found "copy to side"
    When I use "copy to side" or "move to side" button (its better then "copy/move to left/right" buttons, but always ask to confirmation. It's not occurs in "copy/move to left/right" buttons.

Have options to not confirm when use "copy/move to side" buttons ?

Best Regards.
    (waiting Brazilian version)
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Since there are files/folders selected on both sides of the compare, the "Copy to Side" button does not know the desired copy direction, so the confirmation dialog is always displayed. The copy direction for the "Copy to Side" button always defaults from left to right.

Although several users have asked that the side of the compare that has active focus determine the default copy direction for the "Copy to Side" feature, the Scooter team has opted not to implement it for fear that some users may be confused by a dynamic direction setting... preferring instead that the default copy direction is always left to right. A user might want to copy from right to left, however, and by it's very nature the "Copy To Side" button (repreresented by a bi-directional arrow) infers that the copy could occur in either direction... so a confirmation is necessary.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Scooter

Since you prefer that the "Copy to Side" feature always defaults from left to right, will you please consider adding the "Copy to Right" option to the left-hand-side context menu and the "Copy to Left" option to the right-hand-side context menu together with the "Copy to Side" button when the active selection includes items on both sides of the compare.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• ccmancio
        Old Hand
        • May 2005

Copy to side

I was using only "copy to side", but ever when exist only one side directory, and copy function is ok, but ask confirm.
        When I use "move to side", its ok and not ask to confirm.

In both cases, have directory in one of side only.

Why "copy to side" ask, and "move to side" no ?

Comment

• Erik
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Michael,

Just customize your commands to show "Copy to Right" and "Copy to Left" and hide "Copy to Other Side". Then you will always have the choice from the right-click menu and toolbar.
          Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• ccmancio
            Old Hand
            • May 2005

but...

Erick, in this case I will have two buttons for copy, and I have no space in toolbar..
            I ask for put section toolbar and filter tolbar in a Menu toolbar, but scooter said no.

And Button "copy to side" is better, only I like with not to ask (I like to set confirm in options, for example))

Comment

• Erik
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hi ccmancio,

I was replying to Michael's issue, not yours. It sounds to me like you've turned off move confirmations. To turn them back on:
              • Select Tools -> Options... and switch to the "Folder Views -> Confirmations" page.
              • Check "Confirm file move".
              • Click "OK".

Let us know if this doesn't fix the problem.
              Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• ccmancio
                Old Hand
                • May 2005

Ericlk. I dont understood..
                I need not confirm
                But I set confirm to move, and "move to side" button ask for confirm, and a set not confirm and "move to side" button not confirm.. ITS OK.

Dont occurs same in "COPY to side" button. I set not confirm copy, but continuos to ask.

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
                  Carpal Tunnel
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Erik
                  Just customize your commands to show "Copy to Right" and "Copy to Left" and hide "Copy to Other Side". Then you will always have the choice from the right-click menu and toolbar.
                  Thanks for your suggestion. This almost gets it right... but the whole point is that I want it to be context appropriate. In other words... I do not want to see a "Copy to Right" option in a context menu launched from the right-hand side of the compare... and I do not want to see a "Copy to Left" option in a context menu launched from the left-hand side of the compare.
                  BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Tim
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

Hi ccmancio,

Sorry for the confusion! In the 3.0.5 release we have improved the Help file's description of the various Copy/Move command options.

By default, the Copy to Other Side and Move to Other Side commands are on your toolbar and menu. These are dynamic commands that change depending on your selection. If you don't want the confirmation, the trick is to limit your selection to one side or the other.

If you have a two-sided selection, you can change it to a one-sided selection by holding the SHIFT key and pressing LEFT ARROW or RIGHT ARROW.

Notice that icon and caption of the Copy to Other Side command automatically changes depending on your selection. If you have only the left side selected, a right-pointing arrow appears and the caption says "Copy to Right". If you have items on both sides selected, then a double-headed arrow appears, the caption is "Copy to Side", and you will definitely get a confirmation dialog.

Please let me know if this is not clear.
                    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• ccmancio
                      Old Hand
                      • May 2005

Hi tim, but I was using "Copy to Other side in Toolbar and Contextmenu, and button dont change apearance.
                      I was using to copy one folder to another side (dont exist in another side !!!) but ask to confirmation, and confirmation copy option is set to no.
                      I was using BC3 3.0.5 build 9025

Comment

Working...