• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StasD
    Journeyman
    • Aug 2008

Unicode characters in file names inside .zip archives

Hi,

BC3 currently does not display correctly files inside .zip archives, if files name contains unicode characters (e.g. in archives created with the latest version of WinZip, v.11.2).

It would be great if you fix this.

Thanks.

P.S.: Also, what happened to "Case sensitive filenames" option for folder comparison? Could you please bring it back.
    Last edited by StasD; 04-Aug-2008, 04:06 PM.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

StasD,

Thank you for the suggestion. Support for Unicode characters in zip files is on our wish list.

In Beyond Compare 3, case sensitive filenames is only available for FTP servers. You can set it in the General tab of the Tools > FTP Profiles dialog. Filename character case sensitivity for local and network drives is on our wish list for a future release.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• StasD
      Journeyman
      • Aug 2008

Hi,

Is there a chance to see the fix for this anytime soon? I mean .zip files. As to character case in file names, I saw the sticky thread at the top of this forum already.
      Last edited by StasD; 04-Nov-2008, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

It's high on the todo list, but there are other more immediate issues that are taking priority, so it's going to be a bit.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• StasD
          Journeyman
          • Aug 2008

After reading the changelog I thought the problem with unicode filenames inside .zip files was fixed in v3.1.0.10168, but it is still there... The screenshot from my first post is still applicable. .zip file was created with WinZip 12. BTW, it looks like filenames are encoded using utf-8, not normal 16 bit unicode.

EDIT: Actually, it now looks different: see the new attachment. Attached an example .zip file too (different to the one from which the screenshot was taken).
          Last edited by StasD; 15-Apr-2009, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• Zoë
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hi StasD,

There are actually 3 different ways to store Unicode filenames in zips. We now support one of them, which is unfortunately not compatible with what WinZip does. I've already contacted the vendor of our zip library and asked them to add support for the other formats, but I don't know when they'll be available.
            Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...