• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmelle
    New User
    • Jul 2008

Version column in folder compare

Hi!

in BC2 when I enabled the version column in folder compare, a files version (if available) was listed for every file type. Now in BC3 this only seems to apply to EXE and DLL files. Is this configurable? I'd like to see it for BPL and OCX as well for example.

Regards, Philip
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

I don't believe BC2 showed a file version for every file type.

If you cannot find version information for a file when viewing the file properies in Windows Explorer, then you will not see version information in BC (most file types do not have file versions)
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

FYI - I use CRC if I want to see if the content differs for file types that do not have version info.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

BC3 has a hard-coded list of exe types, which is currently *.386;*.bcp;*.dll;*.drv;*.exe;*.ocx;*.src;*.sys;*. vxd.

I think BC2's default list was the same, but it had the added behavior that any file types associatd with the Version Viewer would also be used. I'll see if there's any way we can bring that behavior forward.

For the next release, I added BPL to that list and updated the "Executables" file format. OCX should already work; I just tested it and version info shows up for the OCX's I have.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Craig
          it had the added behavior that any file types associatd with the Version Viewer would also be used. I'll see if there's any way we can bring that behavior forward.
          As I've stated elsewhere, a valuable feature would be to offer an OLE Property Compare session. Some file formats specify the file Versions in OLE properties.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...