X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom
    Expert
    • Oct 2007

Build 456 deletion quirk

...Actually, it's more of a quirk with the dialog than the deletion itself. When you select specific files and/or folders and hit the delete key, the dialog appears set to basically not do anything.

The screenshot's from a session where I was deleting empty folders during a compare. You'll see that the right side should come up checked, but does not.
  • JohnFLand
    Expert
    • Jun 2008

What's your Tweak setting for File Operations|Confirm file delete|Require explicit side selection in Delete dialog?

Comment

• Tom
      Expert
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by JohnFLand
      What's your Tweak setting for File Operations|Confirm file delete|Require explicit side selection in Delete dialog?
      Good catch, John -- thanks! Definitely a deviation from the existing BC behavior, so it didn't even occur to me that it could be an option.

I guess that begs the question whether the side selection should default to unselected. It's easy enough to alter the confirmation dialog if the selection is different than the intent, but I think we can safely say that you'd never intentionally hit the delete key and not want at least one side to be checked.

Comment

• JohnFLand
        Expert
        • Jun 2008

The default for me when I first installed BC3 was to mimic BC2 behavior re deletion; I don't know if the default has since been changed.

Comment

• Zoë
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

The default is the same as BC2's. If you have the tweak set in BC3 then you must have had it set in BC2 and imported your settings.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• JohnFLand
            Expert
            • Jun 2008

OK, but I didn't even know this particular option existed in BC2.

Comment

• Tom
              Expert
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Craig
              The default is the same as BC2's. If you have the tweak set in BC3 then you must have had it set in BC2 and imported your settings.
              I didn't realize that. It's entirely possible I mistakenly checked the box, then, without understanding what it meant. Normally I'm more careful than that.

Thanks for the info, Craig & JohnFLand!

Comment

Working...