Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Refresh after closing a file compare

With BC2:

Enter - Merge lines - Escape/Enter - List refreshed and file removed because it's equal and my view is Diffs/No Orphans

In this scenario, I knew the files remaining on the screen were those left to be 'worked'. The list was not cluttered with those that were now equal and no longer of any interest to me.

In BC3, the resulting view technically violates the filter. My filter is Diffs/No Orphans but the list is full of files that are equal.

I'm not quite sure I understand the undo after save. Once I hit Escape/Enter, there is no undo. Perhaps File Save without closing the file is how you're doing this?

Hi, I just moved this into its own topic.

The previous discussion was on the Text Compare screen refreshing after saving. This seems to be a seperate issue involving the Folder Compare refreshing after 'going back to it' after editing a file and close the file.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by ron View Post
      I'm not quite sure I understand the undo after save. Once I hit Escape/Enter, there is no undo. Perhaps File Save without closing the file is how you're doing this?
      Yes, discussion about "undo after save" refers to a save without closing.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Ok.

So is the lack of a refresh after a save and close intentionally new since BC2? I can imagine an argument for both scenarios, one which would allow you to keep the view of the files you've worked on and another to keep the folder view in sync with the current view setting.

Comment

I don't know if it is intentional or not. I would guess not. I would think that the folder view should be refreshed to honor your file filters...but then, again, I'm just a beta user like you...so well have to wait for the Scooter team to comment on it.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761
          ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Comment

Ron,

I don't think this is intentional. I think there is a timing issue that can prevent an item from being filtered sometimes when exiting a text compare launched from the folder compare. A quick refresh should force the display to update. We'll work to get this fixed in the future.

Edit: I was just corrected by the other folks here at Scooter. In BC2, if you filter to "just differences" in the folder view and opening a file or editing a file the text compare changes the status to a match, the file stays visible. The behavior of Cirrus matches BC2's behavior.

We'll discuss this behavior about when items are filtered out.
            Last edited by Chris; 31-Mar-2008, 05:10 PM. Reason: correction
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X