X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Toggle Order

I'm not sure how the toggle order was set. It is the same in BC2. Two things have always bothered me:

1) The "Show Differences" next to "Show Same" can be misleading. It is hard to know what this toggle does. By elimination, one would deduce that this toggle shows files that are different but have same date/time stamp (i.e. neither is considered to be newer).

2) The "Left Newer" is on the right and the "Right Newer" is on the left which makes the user do a double-take when setting these toggles.

I was thinking that reordering the toggles could remedy both items:

"Show Differences" is disassociated with "Show Same" and associated instead with the "Show Newer" toggles. The "Show Newer" toggles are logically aligned Left on left and Right on right.

If you don't want to move the "Show Differerences" toggle, would you please consider just reversing the "Show Newer" toggles? Thanks.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • jdmarch
    Fanatic
    • Oct 2007

I agree with Michael about switching left/right newer, though I can't say it's ever caused me confusion. I don't care about the position of show differences, though I must say Michael's point about its location seems logical to me.

Comment

• Erik
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Here are the new toggle orders we've come up with.
      Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

That works for me. Thank you.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• jdmarch
          Fanatic
          • Oct 2007