X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmoore5553
    Visitor
    • Mar 2014

issues with folder compare

I am having issues with beyond compare 3 as i bought it to compare website files. I was hoping to use it to do my web theme updates easier. What i do is take the new folder and compare to another. the other folder i download from my ftp and then do the compare to see what files i have modified. The issue is that the ftp folder i download puts a new time stamp.

When i do a folder compare it does not show me the files that have changed. It does a lot more and then i open the files and nothing has changed at all.

How do i compare to just see what files have changed. I can not find the right settings.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

I think you will want to refer to this KB article:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...ferentthensame

The default compare is timestamp/size, but this can be changed to a Rules-based compare (which is the same as Double-clicking criteria results).

Does this solve your current configuration issue?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mmoore5553
      Visitor
      • Mar 2014

I have tried that and it still did not work at all. There was tons of files that did not change at all and it was showing up.

Comment

• mmoore5553
        Visitor
        • Mar 2014

I had to put it in the options for it to do a compare. As just doing it with the icon did not work. Thank you. Love the software and saving me tons of time.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

The "Compare Contents" toolbar button (the icon you refer to?) only works on the current selection, allowing you to run a smaller sized scan on a selection of files/folders.

The Session Settings -> Comparison tab are used on the load of the session, or are immediately applied to everything if changed. If you change here, you can then use the Session menu -> Save Session. This bookmark can then be loaded to reload and compare these locations with the saved session settings.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...