Folder compare between Windows 7 & Mac OS - Itunes Media problem...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hayholten
    Journeyman
    • Feb 2014

Folder compare between Windows 7 & Mac OS - Itunes Media problem...

Hi everyone!

First of all, please be good with my English coz' I'm a French user of Beyond Compare which is, by the way, a fantastic software!

Well, here's my problem...

I have a PC under Windows 7 and a Mac Mini under Mavericks... I have a folder in Windows which contains music (more than 280GB) and I used to synchronize it over the network (Wifi) with an other folder on Mac OS: iTunes Media. BC is on Windows.

Everything was great since a problem appear: when I try to compare, BC say to me that the "folder is not accessible" (the one called iTunes Media).

So I made some tests and I realized that everything works until the size of the folder under my Mac is less than a certain weight (around 80GB if I'm good).

I have no clue at all of what could be the problem, especially now that the problem wasn't there before (6 months to be honest).

Any suggestion?

Thanks for your support ;-)
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

There were changes in OS 10.9's support of Samba (Windows Networking) which have broken a variety of things. We have some potential fixes we're working on rolling out. The upcoming release of the BC4 beta will have them a bit sooner, and we'll also put them out in the next release of BC3 (3.3.9).

If you are willing, please keep an eye on the BC4 download page for when the new (newer than the current build 17451) is released. We would be grateful for the feedback and testing of this support. As with any beta, I recommend testing with test folders rather than overwriting any live data initially, to make sure everything is working as expected.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...