X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rorourke
    Visitor
    • May 2012

Support for attached Devices?

Picked up a Sony Xperia Z1 as a Christmas present for myself. With my previous phone (Motorola Droid Bionic), I attached the device via USB and it mounted the storage as separate drives. I could then selected my local music repository and the phone's repository, narrow down to a "new" orphan list, and copy over my recent purchases to sync up the folders.

The new phone mounts as a "device" and the storage is viewable below it. The attached image is a portion of an Explorer window.

The downside is BC3 can't see the device when attempting to select the Music folder on the device.

BC3 has no problem seeing the device, "storage units", folders/directories, or files if I'm performing a text, data, or hex comparison,

but it won't see the files with an mp3 or picture compare.

Last thing I'll add is that the right-click pop-up menus are also missing the "select [left side] for compare" options when attempted for the device (they appear as expected for folders/files on the drive).

Probably some registry hacking I could do to make it work, but I'm more hopeful this is a known issue and is on the fix list already.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thank you for the suggestion. Supporting those drives is on our feature request list, and we are starting to look into it, probably for a 4.x release. The thread where this is currently being discussed is at: http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ead.php?t=8329

The MP3 and picture compare will work like the text/data/hex compares do, but it looks like the file extension filtering interacts with it a bit. If you change the dropdown below the filename edit to "All files" and change directories it should start filling in. That's not officially supported though; saved sessions won't work, for example, and I'm not really sure how editing is handled.

Adding BC's "Select Left File to Compare" Explorer support will have to be a separate feature request, though, since it will require completely separate effort. I've added it to our feature request list, but I don't expect it to get in at the same time as everything else.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• rorourke
      Visitor
      • May 2012

Thanks Craig. I think that points me to the work-around I was looking for. Of course, supporting MTP would be nice too.

Comment

Working...