Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidb
    replied
    Yes - no problem viewing the folder contents with Windows Explorer, only with BC.
    I can put the two side by side, refresh both WE & BC, and get the full lisitng in WE and the failure in BC for any folder which contains, or has a subfolder which contains, 32 files or more.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    OS X 10.9 Mavericks changed from SMB1 to SMB2 for file sharing. It looks like there are already issues reported with the SMB2 implementation when connecting a client Mac to a Windows Server (http://www.zdnet.com/mavericks-smb2-...es-7000022519/).

It's possible whatever they changed in the file sharing also broke something when a Windows PC is a client and the OS X 10.9 computer is the server.

Do files list correctly if you open the share on the Mac using Windows Explorer?

Leave a comment:

• Can't list more than 32 files per folder on OS X 10.9 share

I have an SMB share on OSX 10.9 Mavericks, and am connecting from a Windows 8.1 PC. I can fully explore the share using Windows Explorer, but Beyond Compare throws an error for any folder which contains more than 32 files:

28/10/2013 12:34:42 Unable to load \\serverX\folderY: The specified server cannot perform the requested operation

I've checked permissions etc - it always seems to be adding a 33rd file (even an empty one) which kills it.

Been struggling with this for hours - any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Working...
X