Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grammar on some kind of ini file compare

Hi there,

I have some files which are structured like old ini-files. I need help building up a grammar that works.

basic structure of each line is:
    keyname=value

this should not be that complicated but I could not get it work.

in grammar i put
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-09 14_53_45-Textformat - Property-File.png
Views:	65
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	81035
    sorry but i have only a german version of BC3 standard
    It does finds some lines which are identical like
    DE_Coll_UPLOAD_OMSIP-Forwarding-Directory=../cdr/collected/DE/UPLOAD/OMSIP

but it also alignes on completely different keyname like
    DE_Coll_UPLOAD_OMSIP-Collection-Filename= <-> DE_Coll_UPLOAD_OMSIP-RAW1-Command=

How to set up BC that it will compare "only on keyname" ?

Thanks from germany

Hello,

Grammars can influence alignment, but different grammars can align side by side given other factors like similar text. There isn't an option to limit alignment to only Equal Grammar Element names.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello,

I understand. Can you please explain me how the alignment works than?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-10 08_09_31-Window.png
Views:	23
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	81049

These lines are quite far away from being similar. this is output with "standard options".

Do you have any idea how can I solve my problem as I have to diff a bunch of files like that? thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, first, quick check, in the Text Compare's Session Settings, Alignment tab, if you enable to Never Align Differences, does this help? You can also define the text you want to align by as Important, and define Everything Else (Session Settings, Importance tab) as Unimportant. Never Align Differences will then only align if the Important Text is exactly equal.

Or, if you try the Table Compare and set the "=" as a column separator, and set the Key column to be the data you need to align by, is this the kind of alignment you are looking for? You can right click any column header area and set to Key, Standard, or Unimportant.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X