X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaason2004
    New User
    • Jul 2012

Help with my simple script

I just started reading about creating scripts today. I have the following script

file-report layout:interleaved &
    options:display-context &
    output-to:%3 output-options:html-color %1 %2

The .html file is generated but when I open it.. all it has is a simple description stating the difference.

Contents of html file

Text Compare Produced: 7/5/2012 2:07:48 PM Mode: Differences Left file: C:\directory1\dataqwik\procedure\ACCUPD.PROC Right file: C:\directory2\dataqwik\procedure\ACCUPD.PROC -+ type Number CID wooo -------------------------

This isn't what I am expecting. I was expecting it to be similar to when a interleaved report is run directly in Beyond Compare. Am I wrong or is there something wrong with my script?

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you currently using BC2 or BC3? This is the BC2 forum section, but assuming BC3 (interleaved report type, Text Compare), the report should work as expected.

Are you using the latest release of BC3 (3.3.4)? If not, you can update any BC 3.x release to the latest 3.3.4 from the Help menu -> Check for Updates, or from our website.
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

If you are still having any trouble, please email us at [email protected] with:
      -Your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export
      -A pair of sample files
      -Your current script file as a file attachment on the email
      -A generated report (or both, from script and from graphical interface).

We can recreate and help track down what is happening once we can recreate your scenario in office.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...