Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lverner
    replied
    Aaron, thank you very much for the quick response. Adding a "select files" under each filter command seems to have fixed the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

If you double check the "file2" filter in the graphical interface, does it correctly show your files without needing to expand all? And every instance of file names or paths, such as the output-to:destination have quotes around them to help cover spaces, correct?

Depending on your folder structure, you may want to add:

filter "file1"
    expand all
    select all.files
    file-report ...

filter "file2"
    select all.files
    file-report ...

How does adding the expand all and 2nd selection work for you? If you are still having any trouble, would it be possible to get an email to support@scootersoftware.com with your exact script.txt file as an attachment? Or you can post here in the forums if you are comfortable sharing it publicly. If you email us, please include a link back to this forum post for reference.

Leave a comment:

• lverner
    started a topic comp list of files, first works second doesn't

comp list of files, first works second doesn't

Hi!

I want to compare two files then another two and so on. The first compare works, the second gives me an "incorrect parameters" message even though the script was cut and paste and except for file name is identical. I've made sure the files actually exist. Here is the script:

load u:\DebitSrc\x-Lock u:\DebitSrc\x-TS1BLD
    select files

filter "file1"
    file-report layoutver-under options:ignore-unimportant &
    output-to:"u:\DebitSrc\x-Diff\file1-over-under.html" output-options:html-color
    file-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant &
    output-to:"u:\DebitSrc\x-Diff\file1-side-by-side.html" output-options:html-color

filter "file2"
    file-report layoutver-under options:ignore-unimportant &
    output-to:"u:\DebitSrc\x-Diff\file2-over-under.html" output-options:html-color
    file-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant &
    output-to:"u:\DebitSrc\x-Diff\file2-side-by-side.html" output-options:html-color

So file1 works just fine. I get the error on the first file_report command for file2. Also, I have tried repeating load and select commands before each file but that didn't help.

Thanks!
    Lee
Working...
X