Automated synchronization problem: not all files are synced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated synchronization problem: not all files are synced

For backing up my "My Documents/Music" folder I've been using the basic automated synchronization that's on the BC web site, with some tweaks so it looks like :

# Turn logging on
    log normal "c:\Synclog.txt"
    # Set comparison criteria
    criteria CRC size
    # Load the base folders
    load "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Music" "g:\My Documents\Music"
    #Make the target identical to the source
    #includes deleting files that only exist on the target side
    option confirm:yes-to-all
    sync mirror:lt->rt

When I loaded these two folders in BC to view the differences, BC found hundreds of files with differences. But when I ran the script, it only copied about 30 files.

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Chris

More than likely, your comparison controls are different. Are you checking for timestamps when loaded interactively, possibly ignoring daylight savings time?

You might try to setup your comparision/rules, etc interactively, then save your settings to a session. Later, in your script, just load your saved session instead of setting criteria and foldernames.

Comment

Both sessions are set to ignore timestamps. I will try to load a saved session in the future to see if that takes care of the problem. Thanks. Incidentally, is there a repository or FAQ for Beyond Compare scripts?

Comment

Working...
      X