Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare only File not file content

Hi Guys,

I have a script running and because of the time it takes and also the time it takes to check this output. I would like to only check the file and the sub folders but not the content of the file.

I am pretty sure this is possible but can some one tell me how.

Thanks
    Dave

Use "Criteria" to specify a file-attribute comparison. For example I use:

criteria timestamp
    load "C:\folder1" "C:\folder2"

Use "Expand All" to compare all files in all subfolders

Check the help file pages under "Command Line and Scripting" for more options and examples.

Comment

Hello,

That depends on the criteria you set in script. By default, though, it should use Timestamp and Filesize, which do not check the contents (content comparisons are CRC, Binary, or Rules-based).

I would recommend running the program interactively to determine how long it takes to run each step of the script, and so you can see what the program is doing. Script is just a representation/automation of steps you can take with the program interactively.

Does it take a long time via the GUI as well?
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response - I am not able to get on and work on this issue as often as I like.

If I tried changing the criteria to timestamp and it si still taking a long time. If I run the compare via the GUI interface it takes about 15 minutes to go through the whole folder. yet when it runs from the script it takes hours?

Comment

Can you post your script here for us to look at? If you do not want to publicly post it, feel free to email it to us at support@scootersoftware.com with a brief description of what is happening, and a reference to this thread post.

Thanks.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Aaron I have mailed you the log file as requested

Comment

Working...
            X