Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only delete orphans from one side

Hi,
    I just want to compare two directories and select the orphanse on one side, and then delete them. I don't want to copy anything.

I tried this script and it runs, but doesn't work.

log normal "F:\Share Copy\Mine\BeyondCompare\BClog.txt"
    criteria timestamp size
    load "f:\share_copy\These" "G:\share_copy\These"
    select rt.orphan.files
    delete recyclebin=no rt

Re: Only delete orphans from one side

The reason you a probably not seeing what you expect is that you need to expand all before you select your files (after load but before select: "expand all")

I am not sure this is intentional, but by using rt.orphan.files, you will not delete the folders those files are in. You may want to test to see if rt.orphan.all is what you are looking for (on backed up data).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Yes, that did it. Thanks. I'm not entirely sure whether or not we want to delete the folders, but clearly the files need to go. If the folders need to go, too, what should we use instead of select rt.orphan.files?

RBinReno

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry, you already said rt.orphan.all.... Where did I put my glasses!!

Comment

If they are anywhere where I normally lose mine, they are either in your pocket, or above on your forehead.

Let us know if you have any other questions. <please use a new thread if it is a different subject>
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X