• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurdy
    replied
    Re: Calling BC for FTP from Directory Opus

Just so someone else may profit:
    When I call BC from Directory Opus and compare a local file with a remote file, as I first select the local file, and then the remote (so this is the SOURCE) and so call BC, I don't need to give the username/password. It is remembered that way.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Sorry, I don't know enough about Directory Opus.

You'll need to make sure that both files and folders call Beyond Compare with a username.

For files, it should pass a URL to Beyond Compare like: ftp://user@server/file.txt

For folders, it should pass a URL to Beyond Compare like: ftp://user@server/folder/

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The thing is, as I compare 2 files it works perfect, u/p is found automaticly.
    Only, as I want to compare 2 directories, anonymous comes up.
    Any ideas on the difference in calling maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied

If I understand the question correctly, no, but it shouldn't be necessary. BC uses a username/address combination for the FTP list. So you would just have two entries, one for user1/siteA, and one for user2/siteA, or user2/siteB. No username is anonymous, or prompt, login.

If you launch BC manually, and go to Folder Viewer, click the folder to browse to a folder.

There are two tabs here, File System and FTP Site. If you go to FTP Site, do ftp://userA@serverA/ and ftp://userB@serverB/ both appear in the Recent: list?

If not, fill out the information, check Save Password, and connect to each of them. Then close BC, and come back to FTP Site and re-check the Recent: list.

Now when you connect with either of those addresses, it should use the password automatically.

Leave a comment:

• Kurdy
    replied

Directory Opus creates a batch file kind of thing to call BC as from a command line: BC.exe path1 path2

Can I find out which path string comes in and decide to use which u/p combination on which FTP site?
    Code:
    if path like ftpA
       "ftp://userA@serverA/"
    elsif path like ftpB
       "ftp://userB@serverB/"

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Hello Kurdy,

I'm not very familiar with Directory Opus. To use a saved password, directory Opus will need to call Beyond Compare with a username.

If you login to an FTP server with just the server name "ftp://server/", Beyond Compare will try to login as the Anonymous user. If this fails it will prompt you for a username and password.

If you login to an FTP server with a user name "ftp://user@server/", Beyond Compare will prompt you for a password the first time you connect. After that it will use a saved password and shouldn't prompt you.

From your description, it sounds like Directory Opus might only be passing the server name to Beyond Compare, and that is probably why it is prompting for a password.

Leave a comment:

• Kurdy
    started a topic Calling BC for FTP from Directory Opus

Calling BC for FTP from Directory Opus

I'm using BC to do a file compare from within my File Manager: Directory Opus. This works fine.
    Only, whenever a file is on my FTP site, BC asks for a username/password. This is known to BC,
    because I use it on this FTP site from BC directly as well.

Is there a way to tell BC to use the known password?

My alternative is to find out if the file is on a FTP site.
    In that case I'd like to call BC using the u/p command call.
    When the file is local, I call BC directly.

So in this case the question is: can I separate FTP and local files in a script before calling BC?
Working...
X