Dumb newbie question: copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb newbie question: copy

I've put together what I thought should be a pretty simple script, but it's not working for me. I used the sample on the website, but when I modify it it doesn't work. Here's what I got:

This one works, but it doesn't do what I need. Another app is converting the PDFs that are being copied into JPEGs, but the sync detsroys them on the second script cycle. In any case this one works ...

-----------------------------------
    # Turn logging on
    log normal "C:\Synclog.txt"
    # Set comparison criteria
    criteria timestamp size
    # Load the base folders
    load "\\magfileserv\NGMK4TestFiles\PDF_Proofs" "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PDF Proofs"
    #Make the target identical to the source
    #includes deleting files that only exist on the target side
    sync mirror:lt->rt
    ------------------------------

But this one doesn't.
    --------------------------------
    criteria timestamp size
    copy lt->rt
    ----------------------------------

But there is no copying going on. Is there a syntax error here? What am I doing wrong?

Re: Dumb newbie question: copy

The first script will delete files that only exist in the "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PDF Proofs" folder to make it identical to the source folder. To avoid affecting JPG files, use a filter.

Code:
    criteria timestamp size
    filter "-*.jpg"
    sync mirror:lt->rt
    For your second script, the copy command operates on the currently selected files. Adding a "select all" command will make the files copy, although this will copy everything, so it isn't as efficient as the mirror command.

Code:
    criteria timestamp size
    expand all
    select all
    copy lt->rt
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X