Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making the script delete files (no recycle bin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the script delete files (no recycle bin)

Hi it's me again

Sometimes when I mirror my two drives, BC needs to delete files from the other drive in order to keep both drives identical.

I want the script to delete the files without the recycle bin. What line of code must I add to the script for this to be possible?

Thanks again,

-Ricky

Re: Making the script delete files (no recycle bin

It isn't possible to set recycle bin behavior for the sync command within a script.

Recycle bin usage is a global setting, controlled by the check box "Use recycle bin if possible" in the Delete dialog in an interactive session of Beyond Compare. To change the behavior, delete a file in an interactive session of Beyond Compare and uncheck the box.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

OK thanks again Chris I will do that right away.

And in this case I propose a feature request of being able to set a script to use/skip the recycle whenever deleting files. Only to make the scripting more "complete" as compared to what can be done via the GUI. It's not really that important to me, but would be good to include it I think.

Well I have a 2nd question regarding this issue:

Lets say I right-click the recycle bin and select "properties". Then I tick the option for "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin"

Would that setting also apply to the BC Script?

Thanks a lot!

-Ricky

Comment

Ricky,

Yes, this will also apply to a BC script. If you check the "Do not move files to the recycle bin" option, BC will not put files in the recycle bin.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Wonderful!

Thanks for all your help Chris!

Comment

Working...
          X