Comparing contents but ignoring timestamps

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing contents but ignoring timestamps

I can get Beyond Compare (2.3.1) to compare file contents while ignoring time stamps easily enough, but I cannot seem to get it to do this from scripts ! I find hints:
    a. under documentation on "Select", it says "..diff refers to differences in criteria other than timestamps..". but this does not seem to work.
    b. under the documentation on "Criteria" it says "..timestamp enables timestamp comparisons", but it does not say how to disable them (leaving out the timestamp argument doesn't do it).
    Am I missing the boat here ?!?

Re: Comparing contents but ignoring timestamps

Here's my script as it stands now:

load "%1" "%2"
    filter "*.out"
    criteria timestamp
    compare binary
    ##select rt.diff.files
    ##copyto rt path:relative dif
    folder-report layout:summary options:display-mismatches output-to:"%3"

The file report claims all my files are "Left Side Newer Files", and none show up as "Contents Differ". It is indeed true that all the left side files are newer, but I do not care in this case, I want to see differences independent of the timestamp.

Comment

Ok, i figured it out. You have to do a criteria with no arguments, to clear first:

load "%1" "%2"
      filter "*.out"
      criteria
      criteria binary
      compare
      folder-report title:"; A3200 Regression Virtual Program Test Results" layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches,column-none output-to:"%3"

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

The criteria command doesn't need to be entered twice, it should just come before the load command.

Try this script instead:

criteria binary
        filter "*.out"
        load "%1" "%2"
        folder-report title:"; A3200 Regression Virtual Program Test Results" layout:side-by-side options:display-mismatches,column-none output-to:"%3"

Also, the "compare" command is equivalent to the Actions|Compare Contents command when using Beyond Compare interactively. It operates on the currently selected files, so if nothing is selected, it doesn't do anything.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...